L.A. Trip
I am going to post my travels in installments, because I really SHOULD be studying......
First, I went to L.A. in March for spring break. Most of these pictures are from a single day - we tried to be as touristy as possible in the short time we had. :)
La Brea tarpits

Hollywood Walk of fame - it was exciting for all of ten minutes, then the novelty wore off. But I did get to see some cool stars.

I got harassed by Darth Vadar and a storm trooper.

The Chinese Theater on Hollywood Boulevard

I toured Dreamworks studios, and got to preview some clips from their new movie Over the Hedge (it looks good, I can't wait to see it!)

We ate dinner at Antonio's on Melrose Avenue. If you are looking for some quality tequila, this is where it's at...$100 a shot!

Manhattan Beach pier

Sunset from the Manhattan Beach pier

The Getty

Cactus garden at the Getty with L.A. in the background

I think they look like little alien pods

Overall, I enjoyed L.A. All the NorCal people up here seem to dislike L.A. but I thought it was fun. There is a lot of cool stuff to do, and there certainly were a lot of strange people to keep it interesting.
By the way, speaking of L.A. - the website I work for may open a storefront on Melrose Avenue, in case anyone is interested...if you don't know what store I'm talking about, well, ask and I'll tell ya. ;)
First, I went to L.A. in March for spring break. Most of these pictures are from a single day - we tried to be as touristy as possible in the short time we had. :)
La Brea tarpits

Hollywood Walk of fame - it was exciting for all of ten minutes, then the novelty wore off. But I did get to see some cool stars.

I got harassed by Darth Vadar and a storm trooper.

The Chinese Theater on Hollywood Boulevard

I toured Dreamworks studios, and got to preview some clips from their new movie Over the Hedge (it looks good, I can't wait to see it!)

We ate dinner at Antonio's on Melrose Avenue. If you are looking for some quality tequila, this is where it's at...$100 a shot!

Manhattan Beach pier

Sunset from the Manhattan Beach pier

The Getty

Cactus garden at the Getty with L.A. in the background

I think they look like little alien pods

Overall, I enjoyed L.A. All the NorCal people up here seem to dislike L.A. but I thought it was fun. There is a lot of cool stuff to do, and there certainly were a lot of strange people to keep it interesting.
By the way, speaking of L.A. - the website I work for may open a storefront on Melrose Avenue, in case anyone is interested...if you don't know what store I'm talking about, well, ask and I'll tell ya. ;)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home