Big Sur
This post is kinda short (with a lot of pictures) cause I'm taking a quick study break. The weekend after L.A. I went to Big Sur, which is one of my favorite places ever. The place speaks for itself, so here are some pictures!
On the way down, we took an inland route. Because of all the rain we got this spring, the hills were beautiful. You don't get that green in New Mexico!

Once we went through the mountains and got to the coast, it was no longer sunny and green - it was very stormy and foggy and wet. But, I love the rain so I was happy. :)

We went out on the first beach we saw

I found a dead starfish, so I took a picture. I think this is my favorite picture from the whole weekend. I'm glad it was worth taking, because I was so focused on taking it that right after I snapped the pic a big wave came in and got me all wet.

We decided to take a hike even though it was raining. We found this really cool trail that leads to Salmon Falls. You can see how wet and misty it was - the clouds were hanging really low.

On the trail to Salmon Falls

Salmon Falls

In the evening the clouds finally broke

Everything you could ever want or need is in Gorda along Highway 1

Our last stop of the day was Pardington Cove. To get there you have to walk down into a canyon and through a tunnel.

Watching the waves

Looking out into the Pacific - Pardington Cove is behind me.

It's so amazing when the waves break

There were some cool tidepools with sea urchins and anemones

Here's a nice three-picture shot of a big wave coming in



Well, that's probably enough pics of the Big Sur area. It's so beautiful and amazing, if any of you haven't been you should definitely go. Gotta get back to studying now, I'll post more the later! :)
On the way down, we took an inland route. Because of all the rain we got this spring, the hills were beautiful. You don't get that green in New Mexico!

Once we went through the mountains and got to the coast, it was no longer sunny and green - it was very stormy and foggy and wet. But, I love the rain so I was happy. :)

We went out on the first beach we saw

I found a dead starfish, so I took a picture. I think this is my favorite picture from the whole weekend. I'm glad it was worth taking, because I was so focused on taking it that right after I snapped the pic a big wave came in and got me all wet.

We decided to take a hike even though it was raining. We found this really cool trail that leads to Salmon Falls. You can see how wet and misty it was - the clouds were hanging really low.

On the trail to Salmon Falls

Salmon Falls

In the evening the clouds finally broke

Everything you could ever want or need is in Gorda along Highway 1

Our last stop of the day was Pardington Cove. To get there you have to walk down into a canyon and through a tunnel.

Watching the waves

Looking out into the Pacific - Pardington Cove is behind me.

It's so amazing when the waves break

There were some cool tidepools with sea urchins and anemones

Here's a nice three-picture shot of a big wave coming in



Well, that's probably enough pics of the Big Sur area. It's so beautiful and amazing, if any of you haven't been you should definitely go. Gotta get back to studying now, I'll post more the later! :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home