We survived!
So, I had to drive to NM this weekend since I am starting my internship on Monday morning at 8am. Brian, being the wonderful boyfriend he is, flew out yesterday (Friday) to help me drive back. Because we only had a couple of days, we got the wacky idea to drive the whole 1100 miles straight through...
There were a couple of times when I thought we weren't gonna make it in one shot, but we took shifts driving and somehow made it back in record time. We left the bay area at 5pm PT on Friday evening and got to Brian's house in Albuquerque at 12pm MT on Saturday. We are now hardcore road-trippers.
Here are a few pictures I took on my journey...
It was raining when we were packing, which made an already undesirable task even worse. I took a final shot of the house as we were pulling out of the driveway...goodbye house!

Once we got out of the Bay Area, the skies cleared and the sun came out. Here are a couple of pics along highway 5. Please excuse the bug splatter on the windshield.


After those pics, we buckled down and drove through the night. There wasn't much else to see until the sky lightened in Arizona. The first pic is one I took when I was switching off with Brian at 5am on I-40 outside Flagstaff. The second I took a few minutes later while driving.


For all you people from wetter, vegetated climated, I took some pics of the dustbowl that is the Southwest. These shots are along I-40 in Arizona...everything is yellow and it's empty for miles.
Outside Flagstaff...

Gas station in the middle of nowhere...

While we were stopped, I took a pic of my truck...I killed a lot of bugs on this trip.

These pictures were taken near the AZ/NM border. It's beautiful country through there.

This picture is of an Indian Trading Post. Those trading posts are all over (they are tourist traps), but this one is my favorite cause they have tacky animals decorating the cliffs.

Welcome to NM! Red or green?

I took this while we were approaching Albuquerque, just so those of you who have never visited can get a bit of an idea what the area looks like. We came in from the West, so you can see Albuquerque in front of us with the Sandia mountains behind on the east side of the city. As you can see, it's very sunny and definitely not green like the Bay Area!

This shot wasn't that great because we were driving - I'll take some better pictures of the area for future posts.
Well, that's it...we are alive and now I have to unpack before work on Monday. Blech. Hope the rest of you MPH kids arrive safely at your internships - I'll talk to you all soon!
There were a couple of times when I thought we weren't gonna make it in one shot, but we took shifts driving and somehow made it back in record time. We left the bay area at 5pm PT on Friday evening and got to Brian's house in Albuquerque at 12pm MT on Saturday. We are now hardcore road-trippers.
Here are a few pictures I took on my journey...
It was raining when we were packing, which made an already undesirable task even worse. I took a final shot of the house as we were pulling out of the driveway...goodbye house!

Once we got out of the Bay Area, the skies cleared and the sun came out. Here are a couple of pics along highway 5. Please excuse the bug splatter on the windshield.


After those pics, we buckled down and drove through the night. There wasn't much else to see until the sky lightened in Arizona. The first pic is one I took when I was switching off with Brian at 5am on I-40 outside Flagstaff. The second I took a few minutes later while driving.


For all you people from wetter, vegetated climated, I took some pics of the dustbowl that is the Southwest. These shots are along I-40 in Arizona...everything is yellow and it's empty for miles.
Outside Flagstaff...

Gas station in the middle of nowhere...

While we were stopped, I took a pic of my truck...I killed a lot of bugs on this trip.

These pictures were taken near the AZ/NM border. It's beautiful country through there.

This picture is of an Indian Trading Post. Those trading posts are all over (they are tourist traps), but this one is my favorite cause they have tacky animals decorating the cliffs.

Welcome to NM! Red or green?

I took this while we were approaching Albuquerque, just so those of you who have never visited can get a bit of an idea what the area looks like. We came in from the West, so you can see Albuquerque in front of us with the Sandia mountains behind on the east side of the city. As you can see, it's very sunny and definitely not green like the Bay Area!

This shot wasn't that great because we were driving - I'll take some better pictures of the area for future posts.
Well, that's it...we are alive and now I have to unpack before work on Monday. Blech. Hope the rest of you MPH kids arrive safely at your internships - I'll talk to you all soon!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home