Goodbye, Gunn!
I have been horrible about posting, so sorry for those of you who actually check this! My new job is sucking my life away...Anyway, as of Sunday, Gunn has officially left NM for two years in El Salvador with the Peace Corps (his assignment was changed at the last minute so he's not going to Guyana anymore). We are all very sad to see him go, but also extremely excited for the adventures he will have. Best of luck, Gunn!
Because Gunn was going to be leaving, and because Kristin graduated and I got back from CA, we had a few barbecues this past week. The first barbecue was one I threw at my parents' house (thanks to my parents for their help!). I spent all afternoon preparing food so we had plenty to munch on while we relaxed out in Corrales. We had good beer, good music, some cigars (for the boys), some sheep, and a beautiful summer night. Here are some pics I took from the evening...
A few of the guys hadn't been out to the farm yet, so we spent a lot of time by the sheep. Here's a shot I took at night. The sheep are huddled on the other side of the pen cause we were standing around making fun of them and they didn't understand what was going on.

All the floaties in the air is manure dust that the sheep kicked up, for those who were wondering...oh and how amazing is the flash on my camera?? It was really dark out there!
Here's a nice picture of Gunn and Adam, with my dad in the background.

And here's Martin enjoying a cigar next to the lovely roses my mom purchased for the barbecue.

The crew, all together, one last time! :) Left to right: Adam, Gunn (top) and Steve (bottom), Brian, Kep, Marty.

The barbecue went well. My parents enjoyed having everyone over, and there's talk of having another one at the end of the summer before I go back to CA.
The next day, we had another barbecue at Kep's house. Here are a few pics from there...this shot is of me, Brian, Steve, and Gunn hanging on the back porch before a night of drinkin'!

P.S. depending on the resolution, it may look like I am missing a tooth in this picture. Rest assured, all my teeth are perfectly fine!
At one point, while playing frisbee, somebody landed the frisbee on the neighbor's house. The neighbor wasn't home, so the guys grabbed a ladder and stealthly snuck onto the roof to get the disc back...

We made lots of margaritas (Kristin was kind enough to prepare some powerful yet tasty ones). Steve drank his too fast, and got a brain freeze.

Brian also drank his too fast, and got drunk.

Sorry for the blurriness, he was moving around too much to get a good pic!
We also had lots of excellent grilled food, like steak and chicken. Yummy!

Unfortunately I forgot my camera the other nights we hung out, so I don't have any other pictures. Some other activities included dinner at Kelly's and a poker game. Poker was fun - we played Texas Holdem with a $5 buy-in. I'm proud of myself - I made it to third place (I even beat my boyfriend) and won a whole $5!
Things have quieted down now that Gunn has left. It's back to the grind for the rest of us while he is off starting his adventures. If you want to know what he's up to, check out his blog (I linked to it on the right). Hopefully he'll have internet so he can keep us all updated on his activities!
I will start working on my next post, which will be about my internship and all the other stuff going on in my life right now (for those of you wondering what I'm up to). I will also post more pictures of sheep (for those of you who want to know about life on the sheep farm). :) I'm going to try to post about once a week so check back for updates!
Because Gunn was going to be leaving, and because Kristin graduated and I got back from CA, we had a few barbecues this past week. The first barbecue was one I threw at my parents' house (thanks to my parents for their help!). I spent all afternoon preparing food so we had plenty to munch on while we relaxed out in Corrales. We had good beer, good music, some cigars (for the boys), some sheep, and a beautiful summer night. Here are some pics I took from the evening...
A few of the guys hadn't been out to the farm yet, so we spent a lot of time by the sheep. Here's a shot I took at night. The sheep are huddled on the other side of the pen cause we were standing around making fun of them and they didn't understand what was going on.

All the floaties in the air is manure dust that the sheep kicked up, for those who were wondering...oh and how amazing is the flash on my camera?? It was really dark out there!
Here's a nice picture of Gunn and Adam, with my dad in the background.

And here's Martin enjoying a cigar next to the lovely roses my mom purchased for the barbecue.

The crew, all together, one last time! :) Left to right: Adam, Gunn (top) and Steve (bottom), Brian, Kep, Marty.

The barbecue went well. My parents enjoyed having everyone over, and there's talk of having another one at the end of the summer before I go back to CA.
The next day, we had another barbecue at Kep's house. Here are a few pics from there...this shot is of me, Brian, Steve, and Gunn hanging on the back porch before a night of drinkin'!

P.S. depending on the resolution, it may look like I am missing a tooth in this picture. Rest assured, all my teeth are perfectly fine!
At one point, while playing frisbee, somebody landed the frisbee on the neighbor's house. The neighbor wasn't home, so the guys grabbed a ladder and stealthly snuck onto the roof to get the disc back...

We made lots of margaritas (Kristin was kind enough to prepare some powerful yet tasty ones). Steve drank his too fast, and got a brain freeze.

Brian also drank his too fast, and got drunk.

Sorry for the blurriness, he was moving around too much to get a good pic!
We also had lots of excellent grilled food, like steak and chicken. Yummy!

Unfortunately I forgot my camera the other nights we hung out, so I don't have any other pictures. Some other activities included dinner at Kelly's and a poker game. Poker was fun - we played Texas Holdem with a $5 buy-in. I'm proud of myself - I made it to third place (I even beat my boyfriend) and won a whole $5!
Things have quieted down now that Gunn has left. It's back to the grind for the rest of us while he is off starting his adventures. If you want to know what he's up to, check out his blog (I linked to it on the right). Hopefully he'll have internet so he can keep us all updated on his activities!
I will start working on my next post, which will be about my internship and all the other stuff going on in my life right now (for those of you wondering what I'm up to). I will also post more pictures of sheep (for those of you who want to know about life on the sheep farm). :) I'm going to try to post about once a week so check back for updates!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home