We have baby goats!
So, yesterday, one of our goats gave birth to twins! It's her first time having babies. She had a boy and a girl, and they are adorable! I went over to my parents' house today to check them out and take some pictures.
First, some parental background...Here's the daddy goat. He was curious about the camera.

He doesn't really have a name, I don't think. We got him only for breeding purposes. Word has it he's been sold, and will be leaving our farm in the next couple of weeks. He's a very nice goat, besides the fact that he WILL eat holes in your clothes.
Here's a better shot of the stud-muffin.

And here's mama. We named her Imp cause she was a pain in the ass when she was little. She's kinda ugly (notice the severe underbite) but she did give us two baby goats so I guess we gotta love her...

And now for the babies.. They are so cute! Can you believe they are only a day old??

I think they had just woken up from a nap when I got there. They were very slow and sleepy.

The goat closer to me in this picture is the other female we have. She is also pregnant, and is due some time in the next few weeks.
Not long after posing for pictures the little ones went back into their shed to get some more rest. Being born is hard work!

Here's a closeup of one of the babies. I think this one is the little girl, but I'm not sure. They kinda look the same. The only difference between the two is the shape of their ears.

So cute!
That's all I have for baby goat pics for now. I will have more later, I'm sure, and I'll definitely add more pics when the other mama (Lady) has her baby/babies. I'll keep y'all posted...
First, some parental background...Here's the daddy goat. He was curious about the camera.

He doesn't really have a name, I don't think. We got him only for breeding purposes. Word has it he's been sold, and will be leaving our farm in the next couple of weeks. He's a very nice goat, besides the fact that he WILL eat holes in your clothes.
Here's a better shot of the stud-muffin.

And here's mama. We named her Imp cause she was a pain in the ass when she was little. She's kinda ugly (notice the severe underbite) but she did give us two baby goats so I guess we gotta love her...

And now for the babies.. They are so cute! Can you believe they are only a day old??

I think they had just woken up from a nap when I got there. They were very slow and sleepy.

The goat closer to me in this picture is the other female we have. She is also pregnant, and is due some time in the next few weeks.
Not long after posing for pictures the little ones went back into their shed to get some more rest. Being born is hard work!

Here's a closeup of one of the babies. I think this one is the little girl, but I'm not sure. They kinda look the same. The only difference between the two is the shape of their ears.

So cute!
That's all I have for baby goat pics for now. I will have more later, I'm sure, and I'll definitely add more pics when the other mama (Lady) has her baby/babies. I'll keep y'all posted...

1 Comments:
That's great. Reminds me of my baby girl! Although Cortney doesn't have a crazy underbite. Plus, she's not as hairy as your goat.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home