More baby goats!
Our other mama goat (Lady) had her babies sometime last Thurs night/early Friday morning - she had two girls, so for a grand baby-goat total we have three girls and a boy. I went out Friday evening after work to take some pictures of the not-even-a-day-old baby goats. They look a lot like the ones from last week, except I think they may be a little smaller. It's hard to tell, because the ones from last week have already grown a lot!
It was difficult to get some good pictures of the new babies together, because it was hot and they were laying down in the shed the whole time. Lady kept getting in the way of the camera (she wouldn't leave their side) so it was hard to get a good group shot. Here is the best picture I have of Lady with her babies. Unfortunately, I caught her in mid-chew so she looks kinda stupid, but hey, as everyone knows not all the pictures somebody takes of you are going to be flattering.

In order to get good shots of the babies, I had to crawl into the shed in the 92 degree heat - the things I do for you people! Here is a picture of one of the new baby girls next to my foot (for scale). You can see how small she is. This one is super cute - the other new one looks like it was beaten with the ugly stick...more to come on that.

We were trying to get a nice shot of me holding a baby but like I said, Lady kept getting in the way. This is the best pic out of the bunch.

Ok so like I said, one of the babies got the ugly genes. Here she is! This poor dear has a terrible underbite, droopy eyes, stubby ears, knock-knees, and her head is too big for her body.

Here's a full body shot. She just looks wrong! But, that is part of her charm, I suppose. We will love her just as much as the rest. :)

Lady is Imp's mother (if you remember from the previous goat post, Imp has an ugly underbite too). I think Lady passed the underbite genes on to this poor thing. At least only one of the babies got the underbite, though - it would be unfortunate if we had a flock of ugly goats.
For an update on last week's little ones, here is a shot of Imp with the two 'week-old' babies nursing. Those two have cleaned up nicely. They are very white and soft, and have grown a lot in the week since they were born. They run around a lot, and are already trying to chew hay and drink water.

Here is a picture of the little boy. He is the nicest looking one of the bunch, so far. He has a nice face and cute long ears. He's also very curious - the other ones wouldn't come near me, but he was happy to come over and see what I was up to. Unfortunately, since all the goats are related, we can't keep him for breeding purposes - we'd have a bunch of inbreds if we did! Because he is so cute, we'll probably keep him as a neutered male.

I'll take more pictures of these guys once they are all old enough to run around. They'll be entertaining once they all get used to each other and start playing together.
I still need to post about what I'm doing here in NM - I'll try to put together something about my activities and what my internship is about, etc. etc., so everyone knows why I am home for the summer. So, stay tuned for that!
It was difficult to get some good pictures of the new babies together, because it was hot and they were laying down in the shed the whole time. Lady kept getting in the way of the camera (she wouldn't leave their side) so it was hard to get a good group shot. Here is the best picture I have of Lady with her babies. Unfortunately, I caught her in mid-chew so she looks kinda stupid, but hey, as everyone knows not all the pictures somebody takes of you are going to be flattering.

In order to get good shots of the babies, I had to crawl into the shed in the 92 degree heat - the things I do for you people! Here is a picture of one of the new baby girls next to my foot (for scale). You can see how small she is. This one is super cute - the other new one looks like it was beaten with the ugly stick...more to come on that.

We were trying to get a nice shot of me holding a baby but like I said, Lady kept getting in the way. This is the best pic out of the bunch.

Ok so like I said, one of the babies got the ugly genes. Here she is! This poor dear has a terrible underbite, droopy eyes, stubby ears, knock-knees, and her head is too big for her body.

Here's a full body shot. She just looks wrong! But, that is part of her charm, I suppose. We will love her just as much as the rest. :)

Lady is Imp's mother (if you remember from the previous goat post, Imp has an ugly underbite too). I think Lady passed the underbite genes on to this poor thing. At least only one of the babies got the underbite, though - it would be unfortunate if we had a flock of ugly goats.
For an update on last week's little ones, here is a shot of Imp with the two 'week-old' babies nursing. Those two have cleaned up nicely. They are very white and soft, and have grown a lot in the week since they were born. They run around a lot, and are already trying to chew hay and drink water.

Here is a picture of the little boy. He is the nicest looking one of the bunch, so far. He has a nice face and cute long ears. He's also very curious - the other ones wouldn't come near me, but he was happy to come over and see what I was up to. Unfortunately, since all the goats are related, we can't keep him for breeding purposes - we'd have a bunch of inbreds if we did! Because he is so cute, we'll probably keep him as a neutered male.

I'll take more pictures of these guys once they are all old enough to run around. They'll be entertaining once they all get used to each other and start playing together.
I still need to post about what I'm doing here in NM - I'll try to put together something about my activities and what my internship is about, etc. etc., so everyone knows why I am home for the summer. So, stay tuned for that!

1 Comments:
man, that ugly one sure is ugly. nice pics.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home