I got washed away in the storm
So, I went out to get groceries about an hour ago. As soon as I walk in the door of Smith's, it starts pouring rain and hail. But, I was safe inside the store so I didn't care much, and the downpour stopped by the time I was finished shopping. I hopped in my car to head home, enjoying the smell of rain and wet asphalt. All of the sudden, it started pouring again. And then the streets flooded. And then all the idiots in their cars came out. And driving on the streets became a very dangerous game of dodge-the-idiot while navigating a vehicle in water over a foot deep.
California does not get rain like here. There aren't crazy flash floods, at least not in Berkeley. It rained for about 20 minutes, and thundered and lightning-ed like crazy, and then the storm evaporated. But it left behind quite a mess for everyone living in Albuquerque.
Check out these pictures.
This is looking down the road near our house. Notice that the road has literally turned into a river. The water is up over the curb and about to wash away the "For Lease" sign.

This is looking across the same street. There wasn't as much water on that side as on the side I was standing on, but it was moving pretty fast over there.

Everyone here is headed up the hill, and driving through that same river of water.

This is in Brian's back yard. His poor flowers are covered in a foot of water.

The water flooded half of his backyard - the good news is it looks like I won't have to mow the lawn today!
California does not get rain like here. There aren't crazy flash floods, at least not in Berkeley. It rained for about 20 minutes, and thundered and lightning-ed like crazy, and then the storm evaporated. But it left behind quite a mess for everyone living in Albuquerque.
Check out these pictures.
This is looking down the road near our house. Notice that the road has literally turned into a river. The water is up over the curb and about to wash away the "For Lease" sign.

This is looking across the same street. There wasn't as much water on that side as on the side I was standing on, but it was moving pretty fast over there.

Everyone here is headed up the hill, and driving through that same river of water.

This is in Brian's back yard. His poor flowers are covered in a foot of water.

The water flooded half of his backyard - the good news is it looks like I won't have to mow the lawn today!

1 Comments:
that's for crazy people.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home