An update...
Hello everyone,
So sorry for being MIA. It's been a hectic semester!
For a quick rundown of the last month and a half...
1. I got into med school at the University of New Mexico! Hooray! I start in August, so I will be moving back to New Mexico after I graduate here in May.
2. I got a new job - I am working in an infectious disease laboratory on campus. We are trying to find a vaccine for Salmonella. I mostly run Western Blots on things. It's easy and fun, and I get to play with all kinds of chemicals and bacteria...who could ask for more?
3. I am taking some interesting classes this semester, including Foodborne Illnesses (we talk a lot about foodborne bioterrorism, it's fascinating); Overview of the HIV/AIDS Epidemic; Current Issues in Infectious Diseases; and Family Planning, Population Changes, and Health. These classes, on top of work, are keeping me quite busy. I can't wait for Christmas break!
4. I went to the Castro on Halloween (and was lucky enough to be in and out before the shootings occurred). Here is a picture of what it looked like down there:

There were lots of people, and it was dark so I didn't get many pictures. It was worth going though, if only because now I can say I went. :)
We also had a Halloween party at our house a few days earlier...here are some pics from that event. I don't really know any of these people - they were all my roommates' friends - but they had creative costumes so I took a few pictures. Our guests included...
...a dead Steve Irwin (whose costume was well done, even if in poor taste) and an Absinthe Fairy...

...a Transformer...

...and a giant banana (alongside Brooke Hogan and a very drunk Steve Irwin).

I was Dolly Parton myself...(un)fortunately since I was the one with the camera there are no pictures of me. :)
5. Another event I attended this year was the 2006 San Francisco Love Fest. It was a crazy affair laced with techno music and semi to completely naked people...I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.
The flaming firetruck...

The Love Bus...

Three naked men wearing feather boas and Converse sneakers...

The Love and Peace army truck...

The Thunderdome pickup with lots of sexy people strewn all over it...

The naked man in a wrestling mask (I did the honor of cropping out his bits and pieces so this picture isn't completely NSFW)...

Well, I should be off now - I need to do research for one of my term papers. I hope you all enjoy my pictures, and I promise to try to post more often!
So sorry for being MIA. It's been a hectic semester!
For a quick rundown of the last month and a half...
1. I got into med school at the University of New Mexico! Hooray! I start in August, so I will be moving back to New Mexico after I graduate here in May.
2. I got a new job - I am working in an infectious disease laboratory on campus. We are trying to find a vaccine for Salmonella. I mostly run Western Blots on things. It's easy and fun, and I get to play with all kinds of chemicals and bacteria...who could ask for more?
3. I am taking some interesting classes this semester, including Foodborne Illnesses (we talk a lot about foodborne bioterrorism, it's fascinating); Overview of the HIV/AIDS Epidemic; Current Issues in Infectious Diseases; and Family Planning, Population Changes, and Health. These classes, on top of work, are keeping me quite busy. I can't wait for Christmas break!
4. I went to the Castro on Halloween (and was lucky enough to be in and out before the shootings occurred). Here is a picture of what it looked like down there:

There were lots of people, and it was dark so I didn't get many pictures. It was worth going though, if only because now I can say I went. :)
We also had a Halloween party at our house a few days earlier...here are some pics from that event. I don't really know any of these people - they were all my roommates' friends - but they had creative costumes so I took a few pictures. Our guests included...
...a dead Steve Irwin (whose costume was well done, even if in poor taste) and an Absinthe Fairy...

...a Transformer...

...and a giant banana (alongside Brooke Hogan and a very drunk Steve Irwin).

I was Dolly Parton myself...(un)fortunately since I was the one with the camera there are no pictures of me. :)
5. Another event I attended this year was the 2006 San Francisco Love Fest. It was a crazy affair laced with techno music and semi to completely naked people...I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.
The flaming firetruck...

The Love Bus...

Three naked men wearing feather boas and Converse sneakers...

The Love and Peace army truck...

The Thunderdome pickup with lots of sexy people strewn all over it...

The naked man in a wrestling mask (I did the honor of cropping out his bits and pieces so this picture isn't completely NSFW)...

Well, I should be off now - I need to do research for one of my term papers. I hope you all enjoy my pictures, and I promise to try to post more often!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home