Update!
OK, after much pressure from my friends, I am FINALLY updating my blog. Sorry it has been so long!
As of the last post, I had passed my oral exam for my masters. Here is what has happened since...
After my oral exam, I had a few very hectic weeks to finish up my classes before graduating. Thankfully, I passed with flying colors and graduated with my Masters of Public Health on Saturday May 12th. I then spent my last couple of weeks in California socializing and saying goodbye to good friends before moving back to New Mexico.
On Sunday May 27th, I left my house in the Bay Area for the last time to begin my journey back to NM. My mom came with me, and helped me on what was to be one of the longest one-day drives of my life - 1019 miles in 16 hours, baby! It totally sucked, but I was at home in New Mexico that night so I guess I can't complain too much. :)
Once I was back in NM, I settled in for a nice low-key summer before the start of med school. I lounged around for a couple of weeks, then packed up some things and flew to Seattle with my boyfriend for a whirlwind trip through Olympic National Park, a bit of British Columbia, the San Juan Islands, and back to Seattle. The trip was awesome. Many of you have already seen pics, so I am not going to post any at the moment, but I can add a few if you would like to see them.
Once back in NM after the trip, I continued my previous schedule of lounging around. My tranquility was broken only last week when I had to report to the oral surgeon to get my wisdom teeth out - blech! I am currently recovering from that, so I have not been up to much these last few days.
So, that brings us all up to speed. Overall, the summer hasn't been THAT exciting, hence the non-posting. I start medical school on July 30th, so maybe after that I will have intriguing health stories to post about. We shall see!
As of the last post, I had passed my oral exam for my masters. Here is what has happened since...
After my oral exam, I had a few very hectic weeks to finish up my classes before graduating. Thankfully, I passed with flying colors and graduated with my Masters of Public Health on Saturday May 12th. I then spent my last couple of weeks in California socializing and saying goodbye to good friends before moving back to New Mexico.
On Sunday May 27th, I left my house in the Bay Area for the last time to begin my journey back to NM. My mom came with me, and helped me on what was to be one of the longest one-day drives of my life - 1019 miles in 16 hours, baby! It totally sucked, but I was at home in New Mexico that night so I guess I can't complain too much. :)
Once I was back in NM, I settled in for a nice low-key summer before the start of med school. I lounged around for a couple of weeks, then packed up some things and flew to Seattle with my boyfriend for a whirlwind trip through Olympic National Park, a bit of British Columbia, the San Juan Islands, and back to Seattle. The trip was awesome. Many of you have already seen pics, so I am not going to post any at the moment, but I can add a few if you would like to see them.
Once back in NM after the trip, I continued my previous schedule of lounging around. My tranquility was broken only last week when I had to report to the oral surgeon to get my wisdom teeth out - blech! I am currently recovering from that, so I have not been up to much these last few days.
So, that brings us all up to speed. Overall, the summer hasn't been THAT exciting, hence the non-posting. I start medical school on July 30th, so maybe after that I will have intriguing health stories to post about. We shall see!

1 Comments:
Thanks for the update Samara, and nice choice on your blog's more tranquil color scheme.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home